game day settings

February 15, 2038

Monday morning, 8:00 AM. As the sun initiates the day, a brisk breeze flows over San Francisco to keep the temperature fairly cool for the California city. Temps: 15C/59F lows and 21C/70F highs.
credits
skin credit goes to miss texas, custom structure scripts go to black, and the toggle cbox goes to subdevo. credit for mini profile goes to bee.

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Parlor, First Floor
Earth Plane
 Posted: Mar 31 2016, 02:02 PM
alignment
True Neutral
playable race
classification
Universal
Dimension
power level
magical status
Undefined
Upper Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
0 cookies
0 points
Location! Location! Location!

Parlor
Charmed: After the Prophecy
PMEmail
^
Caitlin Devlin
 Posted: Feb 28 2017, 12:40 AM
alignment
Lawful Good
playable race
classification
Magical Human
Sorcerer
power level
magical status
Four
Lower Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
1 cookies
0 points
Ours is the magic

"Amazing…"

Caitlin sits cross-legged on the floor with her eyes glued to her hands. A continuous flow of chaos magic surrounds her open palms and crackles between her outstretched fingers. She doesn't want to direct the magic anywhere. Just learn to summon and eventually banish it at will. She's been training to control her new powers. There is no telling how long she will have possession of them.

Since early January, the nascent Wiccan has been learning to channel and harness the mystical powers she inherited from Kai Rios. Even though the former sorceress lays unconscious upstairs, her powers are alive and well within Caitlin.

Among other things…

There is a guilty conscience that nags at the young redhead because of this. The girl feels responsible for the circumstance that has befallen Kai. However, an enthusiasm for her newfound magic still swells beneath the guilt.

"I’ve had these powers for weeks now…"

(You stole our powers for weeks now!)

Caitlin jumps, startled. With her concentration broken, the flow of chaos magic withers into nothingness and fades from Cait's hands.

(Ugh, that voice is back, leave me alone!)
PM
^
Anne Wilkes
 Posted: Mar 1 2017, 12:00 AM
alignment
Neutral Good
playable race
classification
Human
Mortal
power level
magical status
Three
Lower Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
0 cookies
0 points
An Ye Harm None

Anne sits comfortably on the sofa. A safe enough distance from Caitlin's position on the carpeted floor. The leery witch can't help but clinch her teeth in order to stall an ill-mannered comment from leaving her mouth. In both her personal life and professional one, Anne can be blunt with her words. In the business world this trait can be an asset. However, in situations that call for human empathy it can be considered tactless.

"Amazing…"

"Indeed."

Her short reply could be considered biting, but Anne can't help but err on the side of caution. She was immediately concerned when Hilly recounted Caitlin and Kai's story about stolen magics and shimmering demons. Although Caitlin hasn't siphoned magic from anyone else besides Kai, a witch can never be too careful.

"I’ve had these powers for weeks now…"

"You've seemed to gain some sort of control over them though…"

Anne offers the compliment in order to appear cordial to the other Wiccan. She knows she must play nice. Caitlin and Kai were given refuge within Hilly's home since the coven had yet to identify the demon who had attacked them.

Based on Caitlin's recollection, no one knows what part the demon had in Cait acquiring Kai's powers since the transfer happened before the girls were attacked. Hilly did, however, recall the demon pulling a ball of light from Caitlin before he shimmered away. Unfortunately, the information at hand still produced no leads.

Suddenly, Caitlin jumps in shock and the magic she conjured dissipates. Anne amends her compliment in response. "For the most part."

Curious, she asks, "What happened?"
PMEmail
^
Hilly Eagorton
 Posted: Mar 9 2017, 09:09 PM
alignment
Lawful Good
playable race
classification
Human
Mortal
power level
magical status
Six
Upper Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
1 cookies
0 points
Wiccan Supreme

The Coven Leader could hear the voice of the two girls as she made her way through the doorway. "Hello girls." Hilly nodded while sliding off her coat and placing it on the coat rack that was near the door. "Is everything alright?..." She questioned the both of them but the question had more been pointed at Caitlin. She knew what it was like fitting somewhere new and she wanted to ensure that Caitlin was comfortable in the large manor since it lingered in the back of her mind she one day may join the coven.

Of course it was something she wanted all young or unguided witches and wiccans to do was join the coven. Having access to the craft was something dangerous and put a large target on your back to the forces that dared try to darken the hearts of the light.

"I hope Anne over here has helped you adjust nicely." Hilly nodded, moving over to a couch while she waited for Kendrick to walk in any minute now. "I think she's one of the girls I can trust the most in the house." A smile began to tug at the corner of her lips. "If you have any questions about potions or spells or anything magical related" Her finger raised and pointed to Anne, "She would be good to talk to if I'm not around."

The subject of potions and spells would suddenly turn around to the attacker. "Everything was fine tonight right?" Hilly placed a hand on her pendant, "I think an enchantment around the house would be a good idea don't you girls think?" The fact that that man who attacked her and the girls was still around worried Hilly, but, the powerhouse of women and Kendrick in the home would be enough to hold them off.

Well, that is if the man ever bothered to show his face again after their last standoff.

"There might be crystals somewhere upstairs." Her hands waved in the air since she honestly had no idea where they might've been. "We might all be able to enchant the crystals and do something with them."

(Maybe I can talk to Donovan and figure out if that would even be possible.)
PM
^
Caitlin Devlin
 Posted: Mar 15 2017, 10:36 PM
alignment
Lawful Good
playable race
classification
Magical Human
Sorcerer
power level
magical status
Four
Lower Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
1 cookies
0 points
Ours is the magic

"What happened?"

Caitlin looks up to lock eyes with the older woman. With flushed cheeks, she bites down on her lip self-consciously. She struggles for the right descriptor for her situation. She doesn't want to say anything that will make her look crazy. The newly crowned sorceress already feels like the coven sees her as a callous witch who is happy to have siphoned another's person's gift. Caitlin is no warlock, and she'd rather not align herself to the characteristics of one. This is especially so when sitting in a Wiccan safe house.

"Nothing. It's just…" Cait attempts to come up with a lie. She can't confess how she hears voices in her head. Everyday. Voices that sound like Kai, but are distinctively different in tone and attitude. Voices that haunt her.

Suddenly, sounds of heavy footsteps filter into the room. They proves to be Cait's saving Grace. She looks towards the entryway and spots the approach of Hilly. A welcoming smile appears on her face. At the question on her burgeoning relationship with Anne, the former Wiccan sheepishly turns away from the high priestess. She looks at Anne and then down at he muted greens of the carpeted floor. She nods slowly, but doesn't verbalize her affirmation. Instead, she listens as the coven leader contemplates an enchantment of protection against the demon Hilly saved her from.

"I think an enchantment around the house would be a good idea don't you girls think?"

She can't come up with a reply. Caitlin's thoughts have not been on the aforementioned demon. Instead, she is more concerned about Kai's future. The redhead casts a glance towards the ceiling. Her thoughts become centered on the comatose sorceress in the guest room upstairs.

(I want out of here already! You're not doing anything to help fix this. This prison is worst than the real one I broke out of!!!)

(Stop yelling! You're scaring her! She doesn't know how it happened.)

Caitlin lifts her hands and runs them through her rich mane. The voices in her head are getting louder. "Honestly," she forces herself to look at Hilly. "I don't know much about enchantments. So whatever you guys decide to do should be good. I'm just… I'm just really grateful for you all…" her words trail as if she is going to continue. List the things she is grateful for. The coven's help. Hilly's guidance. But she stops short. Kai is still her main concern.

"Do you think she'll ever wake up?"

(Did I kill her?)

(Bitch, I'm not dead… just stuck in here.)

(That was mean!)

Cait closes her eyes and shakes her head in an attempt to silence the voices. She hopes that Kai does wake up. That somehow a solution to this entire ordeal can be uncovered and allow everything to go back to normal.

(Jude was right. I had no idea what I was getting myself into.)
PM
^
Tobias Brahe
 Posted: Mar 15 2017, 10:45 PM
alignment
Lawful Good
playable race
classification
Magical Human
Witch
power level
magical status
Six
Upper Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
0 cookies
0 points
Why is it always me?

Text Message

Tobias Brahe texts Anne Wilkes

I've just received an email from Mr. Aaron. The new shipment my company secured for donation won't be released from the warehouse without management's signature per benefactor's orders. As I am out of town, Mr. Aaron wants you to handle this immediately.

Charmed: After the Prophecy
PM
^
Anne Wilkes
 Posted: Mar 15 2017, 11:39 PM
alignment
Neutral Good
playable race
classification
Human
Mortal
power level
magical status
Three
Lower Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
0 cookies
0 points
An Ye Harm None

"Hello, girls."

Anne shifts her focus to her coven leader and offers her a warm smile. "Hi, Hilly." There is a glance at her watch to note the time. While it is no longer early, it is not close to midnight. It seems the high priestess has cut her reprieve from her Wiccan duties short.

And on Valentine's Day.

Anne thinks Hilly should be spending her time with her husband tonight and not worrying about the coven. The witch waits to see if Hilly is merely checking in with the girls before settling in for the night with Kendrick. This expectation is proven wrong when Hilly starts to churn out ideas about casting magic.

(She's too focused on us sometimes. She needs to remember to take care of herself too.)

While Anne would love to remind Hilly of this, her inner monologue never finds it audible voice. Anne is stalled from speaking once Caitlin speaks up. The girl stammers over her words and defers any decision making to the others in the room. Looking at Caitlin it is clear the girl is remorseful over her situation. The way she runs her hands through her hair. The fear in the young girl's eyes. Anne isn't sure if the redhead truly is the real life incarnation of Anna Marie Darkholme, but she can at least interact with her as a person and not as a threat.

However, tentatively.

"You know," Anne begins while she attempts to speak affably. She doesn't want to lie to Caitlin. She has no idea if Kai will ever wake up. She can only hope the comatose woman will one day experience life among the living again. So she chooses her words wisely. "I've seen more than a few miracles since I started studying the craft."

She hopes her next words are comforting to her fellow Wiccan. And so, to fuel this goal, Anne decides to share just how much faith she has in this coven and their high priestess in particular. "Hilly has done some amazing things for and with this coven. Even though her healing powers haven't worked on Kai, I can't say some other form of magic won't do the charm eventually."

Abruptly, the buzzing of her phone snatches away Anne's attention and she moves to the edge of the couch to grab her purse. She doesn't catch sight of Caitlin's quiet battle with herself. Concentration elsewhere, the career-driven Wiccan retrieves her phone and reads through the message. Her eyes roll with annoyance.

(Are you kidding me? Do they know what time it is?)

"Oh, great," she starts, "I've gotta go." She looks back at Hilly. "Work." The Wiccan stands up and begins to make her leave. "Hilly, I think your enchantment spell can wait. It's Valentine's Day Weekend… things have been kosher here since taking in the girls, I doubt a demon would be dumb enough to attack here. And you're supposed to be taking the night off. Would it be okay to wait until tomorrow to try it?"
PMEmail
^
Kendrick Eagorton
 Posted: Mar 21 2017, 02:05 AM
alignment
Lawful Good
playable race
classification
Magical Human
Shaman
power level
magical status
Six
Upper Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
0 cookies
0 points

Once inside, Hilly’s attention is on the young women living with them. Kendrick hangs his own coat once Hilly has moved away. He hangs back, letting his wife talk with her coven. Once she moves to the couch, he’s tempted to join her, but instead hovers near the doorway, ready to leave them in peace if that’s the way the evening looks to head.

His wife has many interesting acquaintances. He agrees with Hilly’s assessment of trusting Anne; a capable young woman.

Caitlin’s situation is… troubling. (Which has never stopped his wife before.) It’s clear, the woman needs guidance and support and a way to help her unconscious friend.

Perhaps Kendrick should be more surprised by Hilly’s suggestion that they cast an enchantment around the house but he’s not. Since the demon came into their house, it hasn’t sat right with either of them, although he wonders what’s brought on the sudden need for the protection now, after time has passed.

"Hilly, I think your enchantment spell can wait. It's Valentine's Day Weekend… things have been kosher here since taking in the girls, I doubt a demon would be dumb enough to attack here. And you're supposed to be taking the night off. Would it be okay to wait until tomorrow to try it?”

Part of Kendrick wants to thank Anne out loud, but he settles for a slight nod in her direction. Taking a night off is, he’s come to understand, simply not a possibility for Hilly at the moment. Her work gives her comfort; gives her direction, no matter how much he might wish to rebuild the broken bridge between them.

“An enchantment spell sounds like a good idea,” Kendrick agrees, “but Anne’s right. A night off is important for everyone, the girls included."
PM
^
Hilly Eagorton
 Posted: Apr 8 2017, 11:20 AM
alignment
Lawful Good
playable race
classification
Human
Mortal
power level
magical status
Six
Upper Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
1 cookies
0 points
Wiccan Supreme

"I'm just really grateful for you all."

It was the first thing Hilly heard from the young girl. Grateful? It was something Hilly was used to hearing but had become to discover the fact that it was her job. Although she wasn't born a witch she's come to find it's her job to help and protect the innocent, Caitlin and Kai being one of those innocents she's come to find just in time. The warm smile that Hilly usually had on her lips was the only reply she gave Caitlin.

Hope was important to have in a time like this. It’s always been a thing for Hilly to look on the bright side ever since the loss of her own. It was a time when she thought hope was something that was no longer there for her until she eventually took in more and more into her coven and treated them as her own. Hilly managed to let Anne do all the talking as if something were to ever happen to Hilly she entrust Anne with the protection and duty of leading the coven.

Then a phone began to ring.

“It’s fine.” Was her response to Anne leaving as having a life aside from magic was important.

Anne was a friend to Hilly despite the age different. It was so nice having a friend who she could talk about magic with as well as other things that had been bothering her lately.

"Hilly, I think your enchantment spell can wait. It's Valentine's Day Weekend… things have been kosher here since taking in the girls, I doubt a demon would be dumb enough to attack here. And you're supposed to be taking the night off. Would it be okay to wait until tomorrow to try it?”

“Of course.” She then turned to Kendrick and smiled.

Then there was a knock at the door.

“Can you get that?” Hilly raised an eyebrow at her husband waiting for a response to her request.
PM
^
Caitlin Devlin
 Posted: Apr 24 2017, 01:12 AM
alignment
Lawful Good
playable race
classification
Magical Human
Sorcerer
power level
magical status
Four
Lower Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
1 cookies
0 points
Ours is the magic

Caitlin rises up from her seated position on the floor. She looks between the older individuals in the room with a cautious glance. Although Anne attempted to reassure her miracles can happen, some added contemplation over Hilly's concern for added protection worries the young Wiccan. Caitlin worries the request to enchant the home is a safety precaution against her. Anne's apprehensive to her presence may not be isolated. She can't help but think the rest of the coven may very well fear she is going to suck up their magic too despite their willingness to help her.

(I'm not dangerous, am I?)

(Um, considering what you did to us, I'd fucking say so.)

(Ugh! Stop being a dick! Don't listen to him sweetie…)

Caitlin's voice suddenly cracks with a thunderous screech. "Shut up!" The girl's hands instinctively reach up in frustration as she screams. She hopes wishing the voices away will somehow cure her of this neurosis. She's sure it's the guilt of what she did to Kai is the cause behind them.

Although, something deep within tells her otherwise...
PM
^
Anne Wilkes
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 07:44 PM
alignment
Neutral Good
playable race
classification
Human
Mortal
power level
magical status
Three
Lower Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
0 cookies
0 points
An Ye Harm None

While the others discuss and demure over Hilly's spell, Anne begins to busy herself with gathering up her things. Luckily she hasn't much spread out over the house since she's came back from work. A few quick steps and she's in front of a mirror by the front door; there she pauses to check her reflection. Despite it being late, Anne is aware that as the chief curator for her job she still needs to reflect a certain standard.

After running her fingers through her hair and leaning in close to scrutinize her make-up, the young Wiccan is content that she's presentable. Her arm reaches out to grab her coat, which she slides into with little effort, then to grab her bag. ('Make sure I have everything,') she muses to herself. She looks over the contents, standard stuff: clutch, keys, emergency make-up, and the not so standard stuff: a small crystal, a pouch of herbs, and a salt shaker for Wiccan Emergencies. ('Check, check, and check') she thinks as her eyes dart around the contents.

"Alright...I'm... oh?!" she tries to say that she's leaving, only to be accosted by a sharp rapping sound at the door. ('It's a little late') she thinks, a hint of wariness coloring her thoughts, ('But I suppose we are all still up.')

Calling out to answer her friend, "I got it Hill!" She grabs the door knob and twists, pulling the door towards her to reveal a young woman. Anne's eyebrows raise momentarily, "Oh, Hi. Jude, come inside," She says a bit haltingly to the flame-druid. It shouldn't be all that much of a surprise, Jude is Caitlin's best friend and the girl needs all the support she can get at a time like this.

(("SHUT UP!"))

Anne's head whips around just in time to see Caitlin's hand raise upwards . Immediately Anne's face contorts into a mask of worry and apprehension. ('In the Goddess' name? What?')
PMEmail
^
Kendrick Eagorton
 Posted: May 1 2017, 12:51 AM
alignment
Lawful Good
playable race
classification
Magical Human
Shaman
power level
magical status
Six
Upper Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
0 cookies
0 points

Kendrick practised grace, in all things, including acceptance of decisions beyond his control and lately, that seemed more likely than not. He’s about to accede to Hilly’s request, when Anne calls back that she’ll answer the knock on the door.

There are a few possibilities for whom might be there, given the time.

It’s Jude, and Kendrick nods to her as she steps inside at Anne’s invitation. “Jude,” he says as she steps past the doorway into the parlour.

Just in time for Caitlin’s shout to startle them all.

His eyes narrow, glancing from Jude to Caitlin to Hilly. There’s little doubt that Caitlin is in need of support, but sometimes he wonders what’s happening inside her head. And if it’s something he and Hilly can help her through, or whether it requires something more.
PM
^
Jude Southton
 Posted: May 1 2017, 12:59 AM
alignment
Neutral Good
playable race
classification
Magical Human
Druid
power level
magical status
Four
Lower Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
1 cookies
0 points

The door swings open and it takes Jude a second to pull the woman’s name from her memory.

"Oh, Hi. Jude, come inside.”

Jude’s presence is unexpected, she gets that, and she offers up what she hopes is a friendly smile. “Um, hi, Anne,” she says, the name coming to her. She steps inside, noting the warm lights and the apparent gathering in the front of the house. “Thanks."

Behind Anne, Hilly’s husband, Kendrick, has turned to greet her and she meets his nod with one of her own.

About to apologise for interrupting their evening, Jude’s train of thought is derailed by the sound of a familiar voice.

"Shut up!”

“Caitlin?” Jude’s voice is worried as she steps around Kendrick and into the parlour and sees the frustration on her friend’s face. Leaving her bag from the magic shop out of the way, she approaches Caitlin slowly, looking for signs of anything that might cause her distress. “Are you alright?"
PM
^
Maddie Darlington
 Posted: May 1 2017, 08:49 AM
alignment
Lawful Good
playable race
classification
Mage
Halfling
power level
magical status
Three
Lower Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
2 cookies
0 points
A Girl In Bloom

There she was, the address had said 1331 Prescott Street which she was at, she had saw a a girl already walk in so she thought to herself that the door was unlocked but she was debating whether to knock or just walk in, she decided to knock but walk in after as it was easier to do that.

She took a deep breath, and started to walk to the door. (‘You can do this, you’re a nice person! Plus, you’ve been living there for at least a week now.’). No matter how much she tried to calm herself down it was difficult she still exactly know everyone there, she didn’t know whether she would even get along with everyone else there.

She reached to grab the door knob but stopped. “Get yourself together, Maddie! No need to feel this pressure all the time you come back to the house.” She muttered to herself. She knocked on the door and then she took another deep breath and turned the door knob and opened the door and walked inside. She felt quite stupid for knocking on the door considering she actually had a key to the house, but she had some weird manners sometimes.

She closed the door behind her and heard some voices but the one thing she heard was “Shut up!”. Which terrified her not because it was a rude comment but because the moment she walked into the house there seemed to be people arguing already.

Maddie closed her eyes and used her Limited Perception to sense if anyone there was like her, a half-dryad or at least a dryad but it seemed to fail as she did not sense anyone like herself, she usually did this just to make sure once she finds another dryad or half-dryad she could befriend them. She walked a couple more steps forward into the Parlor making herself visible to everyone else whom was in the room.

“Hey, I’m back!” She stated scared of their reaction but hoping it wasn’t going to be bad reactions, all she did was go out to see San Francisco at night, but once she looked at the time she noticed that it was nearly 11pm. This was the first time since she moved in (about a week she has been living here) that she was going to the palor when there were quite a lot of people there.
PM
^
Caitlin Devlin
 Posted: May 15 2017, 12:46 AM
alignment
Lawful Good
playable race
classification
Magical Human
Sorcerer
power level
magical status
Four
Lower Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
1 cookies
0 points
Ours is the magic

So much has occurred since her outburst and much of it Caitlin blocks out. Mainly because her entire focus at the moment is on tuning out the voices in her head. Ever since her weird magical transfusion with Kai, her life has become a rollercoaster of amazement and horror. At this point, she's just ready to get off the ride.

"Caitlin? Are you alright?"

(I wish you people would stop showering this twat with concern and start trying to put us back in our body.)

(They don't even know we're not in our own body.)

(And who's fault is that? Hmm…)

Caitlin's focus halts when her best friend's voice filter's through the chaos and serves as a beacon of light for the young Wiccan. She opens her eyes and is met with the visage of Jude. The redhead sports a shaky smile. "Jude, you're here," she says gingerly.

Before anything else can be said between the druid and witch, however, another voice chimes into the conversation. "Hey, I'm back!" Caitlin recognizes the cheery lilt and isn't surprised when she looks over to see Maddie make her entrance. She musters up a greeting.

"Hi, Maddie." Cait looks away from the other woman after giving her hello. She doesn't want to engage her too much. For fear of ruining the other girl's mood. Caitlin remembers when she was bright-eyed and excited about magic like Maddie is. That is until she put Kai in a coma.

"I'm not doing so hot Jude," Caitlin says and moves an inch closer to her friend. She speaks softly when she reveals, "There's… I feel like…"

(I don't want to sound crazy…)

Her whispers continue, "I think I took more than Kai's powers from her."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply

skin made by miss texas at caution, cc, & shine