game day settings

February 15, 2038

Monday night, 11:35 PM. The moon sits high over the Asian city and a clear sky gives sight to a shimmering stars. Although nightfall, the balmy weather makes for a warm night. Temps: 17C/62F lows and 25C/77F highs.
credits
skin credit goes to miss texas, custom structure scripts go to black, and the toggle cbox goes to subdevo. credit for mini profile goes to bee.

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

The Faded Page, Used Bookstore
Arie Weiss
 Posted: Jun 9 2018, 08:26 AM
alignment
Lawful Good
playable race
classification
Human
Mortal
power level
magical status
Four
Lower Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
2 cookies
0 points
The Good Twin

Arie agrees with his brother - at least, in regards to himself. Rylan is more powerful than he's admitting and obviously has the potential to grow. Meanwhile, Arie isn't naturally magical himself and doesn't feel as though he will ever have much more power than he does now.

"There were three other victims," Arie says, announcing his train of thought to the others. "That seems like nesting behavior to me. We didn't realize that they were likely magical. Maybe we should be trying to discover more about the victims as well."
PM
^
Maggie Mora
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 11:28 AM
alignment
Lawful Good
playable race
classification
Human
Prophet
power level
magical status
Five
Lower Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
0 cookies
0 points

"I dunno Mags... do you really think we're that powerful? I mean, I'm sure there's bigger fish to fry in town."

She shakes her head. "Not a question of power, just proximity."

"There were three other victims."

"Fuck..."

"That seems like nesting behavior to me. We didn't realize that they were likely magical. Maybe we should be trying to discover more about the victims as well."

Maggie nods. "Good plan." For a moment, she pauses, considering how she can be of assistance. Research is, obviously, in her wheelhouse. She can go home and dig into the background of spider demons. Look into the latest victims. She could also step out of her comfort zone and go out on the field.

Leaning over the counter, Maggie knits her brows together and begins: "Why don't I patrol with you next time?" A beat. "My powers are frustrating and unpredictable, but they pack a punch." (I just need to get hella stressed.) "Unless you're gonna make a big deal about me being a girl or some shit, which--"

She holds up a manicured finger.

"Rude."
PM
^
Rylan Weiss
 Posted: Jun 21 2018, 09:40 AM
alignment
Chaotic Good
playable race
classification
Demon
Daemon
power level
magical status
Five
Lower Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
0 cookies
0 points
The "Good" Twin

Caught up in the current train of thought that the conversation at hand presents, Rylan has completely forgotten about the other three victims. They are the reason that the monks ordered the twins after the spider demon after-all. Leave it to Rylan to be the one who forgets about the innocents and focuses only on himself, while Arie, as ever, manages to keep his priorities straight. And just as always, Rylan doesn't let himself be bothered by it too much.

The idea of tracking down the other victims seems tedious to Rylan, although it will probably be necessary. He doesn't say this out loud, instead voicing a suggestion. "I doubt scrying will help very much since the victims are dead, we could possibly put together some sort of locating spell." More often than not, it was Arie that did stuff like that. Rylan very much had the natural talent, and understood the fundamentals behind magic and the craft, but his brother was the expert on its intricacies.

When Maggie suggests that on their next patrol that she accompanies them, it doesn't much surprise the demon-twin. He's always suspected her of a certain eagerness to be out in the world, more actively fighting the forces of darkness. As such he shrugs, giving his own consent, regardless of what Adrian might do or say. It's no sweat off his back, and furthermore... he understands Maggie's desire. It's one thing to read a book, another to write it; especially when the book is your own life.
PM
^
Arie Weiss
 Posted: Jun 21 2018, 04:06 PM
alignment
Lawful Good
playable race
classification
Human
Mortal
power level
magical status
Four
Lower Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
2 cookies
0 points
The Good Twin

"That will only help us find her nest - and only if the bodies remain..." Arie says aloud, though mostly to himself as he contemplates his brother's suggestion. He folds his arms then brings one hand to his mouth, tapping his lip with a single finger. Being able to rummage around the demon's lair could be useful, but wasn't his implied intent.

"Maybe we should split up," he finally announces. "One of us could explore the nest" (Probably you.) "And the other can see if these were solo practitioners or if they were part of a coven... or clan... or caste... or whatever it is shamans call their groups." (Probably me.)

Arie turns his attention to Maggie, remembering her request to be included moving forward. "I think you could be particularly helpful with the latter."
PM
^
Maggie Mora
 Posted: Jun 21 2018, 11:28 PM
alignment
Lawful Good
playable race
classification
Human
Prophet
power level
magical status
Five
Lower Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
0 cookies
0 points

"I doubt scrying will help very much since the victims are dead. We could possibly put together some sort of locating spell."

Locating spell? Maggie massages the bridge of her nose. Christ. There's a damn spell for everything. Secretly, she wonders if there's a spell to knock her student loan payments down several notches. An incantation to cure her grandmother's arthritis. Some ritual with chicken bones to fire catcallers to the moon. Oh, the possibilities...

"That will only help us find her nest - and only if the bodies remain..."

Maggie smirks; Arie sounds like that old lady from Murder She Wrote. Fitting, that. Closing her eyes, she reaches underneath her blouse and adjusts the strap of her bra. (Can't wait to pop this fucking thing off...) Her eyes snap open when she hears--

"Maybe we should split up."

She glares at Arie.

"I think you could be particularly helpful with the latter."

"Um..." Maggie leans over the counter, swatting Arie's shoulder. "Hard pass.

"We are doing this as a group." She holds up a hand before Arie can protest. "Don't care if I need to ride a bitch's back, like Yoda on Luke. Splitting up?" She gives both the twins a once over.

"Insert quip about white people in horror movies."
PM
^
Arie Weiss
 Posted: Jun 29 2018, 11:41 AM
alignment
Lawful Good
playable race
classification
Human
Mortal
power level
magical status
Four
Lower Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
2 cookies
0 points
The Good Twin

"Should you really be invoking horror film lore when you're the token black person in this movie?" The retort is thrown in jest as Arie cracks a rare smile. Maggie always brings levity to an otherwise dark situation and it helps to distract him from thoughts of murderous spiderwomen lurking in the nature reserve.

"But fine. It's a bit late to be knocking on doors anyhow, so maybe we could try finding where she was holed up." Arie glances from brother to friend. "Does that work?"

He's eager to see this matter brought to a close. Perhaps her vanquish did just that, but Arie would rather be certain that nothing is going to circle back and bite them in the collective ass later.
PM
^
Vinh Tran
 Posted: Jul 15 2018, 07:32 PM
alignment
Lawful Good
playable race
classification
Magical Human
Witch
power level
magical status
Four
Lower Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
0 cookies
0 points

Text Message

Vinh Tran texts Maggie Mora

Hey Girl, I think I have a situation. Is it safe to drop by?

Charmed: After the Prophecy

PM
^
Rylan Weiss
 Posted: Jul 19 2018, 05:29 PM
alignment
Chaotic Good
playable race
classification
Demon
Daemon
power level
magical status
Five
Lower Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
0 cookies
0 points
The "Good" Twin

Rylan understands where his twin is coming from by suggesting that they split up. He'[s trying to keep his friend safe. Rylan, on the other hand, knows exactly what Maggy is after. She's itching for a little adventure, some hands on action. She doesn't take well to Arie's suggestion of essentially sidelining her.

The younger twin cracks a grin as Mora invokes the movie, Star Wars. "No offense, but I'm not carrying her on my back bro. Might as well let her come... or else you're gonna be sporting a new Maggie-shaped accessory." The conversation moves on, and suddenly they're in the subject of horror movie lore ('As if our lives aren't one big horror movie.')

"I'm game no matter what. I'm sure she'll be fine... Even if she goes into some sort of zombie-prophet-trance, I'll just toast any baddies around."
PM
^
Maggie Mora
 Posted: Jul 23 2018, 12:28 PM
alignment
Lawful Good
playable race
classification
Human
Prophet
power level
magical status
Five
Lower Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
0 cookies
0 points

"No offense, but I'm not carrying her on my back bro."

Maggie side-eyes the fuck out of Rylan. (This hombre...)

"Might as well let her come... or else you're gonna be sporting a new Maggie-shaped accessory."

"Ha!" She snorts laughter in spite of herself. The prophet swats Rylan's chest with the back of her hand. Maggie quietly notes how firm his pecs are. (Has he been working out?) The thought flickers in and out of her brain in an instant; forgotten in all their demon drama.

"I'm game no matter what. I'm sure she'll be fine... Even if she goes into some sort of zombie-prophet-trance, I'll just toast any baddies around."

Maggie shakes her head slowly. "Just like a man to go for the messy solution." Before she can shoot off another (good-natured) quip, her phone buzzes with a message. She draws it from her pocket and raises a brow; what kind of situation could Vinh have gotten herself into on a Monday night?

"My friend has a situation..."

Dark eyes roll up to meet Arie.

"Who wants to bet it's a demon situation?"
PM
^
Arie Weiss
 Posted: Jul 25 2018, 06:06 PM
alignment
Lawful Good
playable race
classification
Human
Mortal
power level
magical status
Four
Lower Level
cookie tickets
witch wars
2 cookies
0 points
The Good Twin

"My friend has a situation... Who wants to bet it's a demon situation?"

"You need better friends." Arie remains deadpan as he delivers the quip. Then, with a sigh, he looks over at Rylan to gauge his reaction to this development. Given their connection, it isn't necessary as his brother's thoughts will flow freely into his own mind.

They haven't even shut the case on this spider demon yet and now they might have demonic trouble of another kind being dropped in their laps. Unless, of course, they're related which would be serendipitous - which almost certainly ensures that will not be the case.

"Looks like we're in for a long night."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4 
Add Reply

skin made by miss texas at caution, cc, & shine